Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Oasis’ ethos is based on an overarching theme of Inclusion; welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best whatever the challenges may be in doing so.
As an Academy we:
- Identify children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and ensure provision is made in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice
- Have an appointed SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
- Invest in whole Academy and targeted training for staff
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and support practices are embedded throughout the Academy
- Ensure that all teachers understand that they are teachers of SEND
- Plan for transitions across all Key Stages
The Academy is committed to helping all students to flourish regardless of their specific needs. We believe that every person matters and it is our responsibility to do everything in our power to ensure that every student realises their potential. If your child has specific needs that you would like to discuss in further detail please feel free to contact us to discuss this.
Our Commitment to Equality
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Oasis. We have a passion to include everyone and a deep desire to treat everyone equally. We accept others for who they are and respect differences.
The Academy’s aim is to ensure that all its students achieve their full potential, regardless of differentiating needs. If a student has special educational needs or disability needs (SEND), the Academy will take every reasonable step to identify and meet them. Further information on the policy and provision for SEND can be obtained from the Academy. Students with SEND who do not have statements of special educational needs or an Educational Health Care Plan will be admitted on an equal basis with others in accordance with the Academy’s admissions policy.
Who are the best people at the Academy to talk to about my child’s Special Educational Need?
Our SENCo is Miss Samantha McCulloch. You can contact her either via the Academy address or by telephone or email.
Tel: 0117 312 6500
She is available to talk to about any issues you may have regarding to the care and education of your child, including whether they may have a special education need, whether their needs are being met or anything in their learning plans.