Attendance and Punctuality
The Academy is committed to encouraging pupils to attend school regularly. We will work with parents and pupils to secure this aim.
- Academy doors open each day at 8.30am.
- Anyone arriving after 8.45am must bring their child to the office to sign in late.
- Children arriving late after 9.15am (after register closes) will receive an unauthorised absence for the morning.
- Parent/Carer MUST call school before 9.00am on the first day their child is not attending school due to illness and each subsequent day thereafter (unless a time of absence can be given on first day of illness eg: chickenpox).
- Failure to report illness before 9.00am on each day of illness results in unauthorised absence. 5 days unauthorised absence or more will be reported to the Education Attendance Service.
- Unauthorised absence will result in a fine and possible court proceedings.
- The school day finishes at 3.30pm.
Pupils are required to attend school for 190 days each year.
Our whole school target for attendance is at least 97.5%.
|Final Attendance For The Year||Equal To Days Absent||Equal To Weeks Absent|
|95%||9 days||2 weeks|
|90%||19 days||4 weeks|
|85%||29 days||6 weeks|
|80%||38 days||8 weeks|
|75%||48 days||10 weeks|
|70%||57 days||11.5 weeks|
|65%||67 days||13.5 weeks|
Holidays in Term Time
Government guidelines state that children should not be allowed any holiday during term time as there is evidence that it impacts their learning. Any holiday should be taken during non-term time only. Any exceptional requests must be made to the Executive Principal via the Academy Office. Please see the Academy Office for further information.
If a child goes on a holiday during term time that has not been approved by the Academy, this will count as unauthorised absence.