I am Eleanor Richardson, and I am the Safeguarding Manager here at Oasis Academy Marksbury Road. A part of my role is to also provide support and sign posting to families in times of need and crisis.
In my role I can offer support, advice and guidance to parents/carers and families around specific issues you may be struggling with. As well as supporting children and families, I will be supporting the school to promote good attendance.
If you are struggling to get your child into school, please contact me to offer you support and prevent this escalating. I am available from 8.45am until 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Please feel free to contact me via the school office for a chat if you have any worries or concerns – no matter how small!
I am available to offer practical help and support to parents and carers in matters concerning your child’s education, development, and wellbeing. I work in partnership with you, the teachers and senior leadership team to help you support your child to learn and enjoy their school years, by providing information and guidance. I can meet you on a 1:1 basis – in school, on a home visit or over the phone, providing information on a range of issues and practical help, as well as offering a friendly listening ear.
Some of the ways I can help
- Support for you with your child’s learning and school attendance
- Provide advice and support on ways to improve your child’s behaviour or refer to Early Help if required
- Provide support and signpost local and national services that can help you and your child eg housing, debt, welfare, abuse, bereavement etc
- Talk to families and mediate between parents who have separated and find communication difficult, frequently with their children ‘in the middle’.
- Advise and offer assistance with financial difficulties for clubs, trips and activities
- Liaise with staff to overcome any difficulties that may arise
- Investigate concerns raised by parents, pupils or teachers to a positive conclusion
- Signposting for adult learning opportunities
- Help with form filling or online applications relating to your child
Please keep an eye on this page for local information about groups and events which could support you and your child.
I have listed some websites below that may be of some help.
https://resourcecentre.savethechildren.net (NSPCC Encouraging Better Behaviour)
www.nspcc.org.uk/services (Listening to Children)
www.familylives.org.uk/advice/primary/behaviour/positive-discipline/ (Family Lives – Discipline)
Divorce and Separation
Health and Well-being
www.otrbristol.org.uk (Off the record – mental health for 11-25 year olds)
iapt-sglos.awp.nhs.uk/ (Talking Therapies for adults)
sites.southglos.gov.uk/mind-you/ (Mental Health and wellbeing for young people)
www.mind.org.uk/ (Mental Health Charity)
youngminds.org.uk (Child and Adolescent Mental Health)
www.southglos.gov.uk/mental-wellbeing/anxiety-toolkit/ (South Gloucestershire anxiety toolkit)
www.eric.org.uk/ (Children’s bowel and bladder charity)
www.macmillan.org.uk (Support for dealing with cancer)
www.nhs.uk/change4life (fun ideas to help children to eat well and keep healthy)
www.cruse.org.uk/ (Bereavement care and advice)
www.winstonswish.org/ (Help for grieving children)
rainbowcentre.org.uk/ (Help for children and their families suffering from the effects of a life-threatening illness or death)
www.carerssupport.org.uk (Help for carers of any age)
www.supportiveparents.org.uk (Support with SEND for parents, children and young people)
www.resoundbristol.co.uk (Foodbank, parent Buddies, parental Support)
www.bournefamilyproject.org (Foodbank, parenting advice, play therapies)